The general consensus around my house this week has been, “Where has the Summer gone?” School starts up in less than three weeks, and my kids are starting to feel the rush to get everything done before they get back to the daily grind. We have company coming into town this weekend, and we’re planning on playing tourist for at least a few days!
I have really loved Alaska during the Summer. There’s something wonderful about the sun shining until midnight and a perfect temperature of 65º. It’s too cold for outdoor swimming, but it’s perfect for sitting in the hammock and reading a book! I’m going to try and remember these days six months from now.
If you need some ideas for squeezing the last bit of fun out of your Summer vacation, we’ve got just the links for you!
- Has everyone seen the video where they ask the kids what they like to do? It was a little heartbreaking, and I took all the kids outside to play as soon as I saw it.
- This frozen chalk from hello, Wonderful looks like a perfect afternoon activity.
- Have you seen Bunch O Balloons Water Balloons? Everyone loves a water balloon fight, but no one likes tying knots in water balloons. Problem solved!
- If you’re at a loss for something to do outside with your kids, try Fifteen Minutes Outside: 365 Ways to Get Out of the House and Connect with Your Kids
- A photo scavenger nature walk is a perfect way to use up a child’s boundless energy!
- This DIY A-frame tent makes a perfect clubhouse for secret Summer meetings!
Leave a Reply