Memorial Day week-end is the unofficial start to the Summer season. I hope you all have fun plans with your friends and family. I think we’ll be kind of low key. My husband is in the middle of a huge work project, and I’m trying to get back into some sort of routine after my amazing week-end at Silhouette Summit (so much goodness there that I can’t wait to share with you guys!). There may be trips to the lake or the beach, but those trips aren’t quite the same in Alaska; I’m pretty sure we won’t be swimming!
For this week’s SLS, I thought I’d introduce you to some of the amazing people that I met last week-end thanks to Silhouette.
- Maritza is one of my new favorite people. She does amazing work, and she opened a whole new world of Silhouette products to me. She does some amazing things with the Silhouette Temporary Tattoo Paper.
- We’ve worked with Pizzazzerie before, but this was my first time meeting Courtney in person. She is hilarious, and her tablescapes are amazing!
- I also spent a lot of time with Melissa Esplin, who is an amazing calligrapher. She also made sure I survived my atv ride through the wilds of Hawaii (not really wild, but nerve-wracking for me!). Melissa runs both calligraphy and hand lettering classes through her site. I can’t wait to sign up for one! She also recommended the Modern Modern Calligraphy as a primer, and you all know that I can use all the help I can get!
- I sat at Brooke’s table at dinner on the last night. She is also hilarious and definitely someone I would love to get to know better. I think the perfect way to do that is for her to come up to Alaska and help me with my house. My fireplace would be a perfect project!
- If you’re hosting a bbq this weekend, make sure to try out our delicious and patriotic kids beverage.
- If your kids are finishing school next week be sure to check out our post on end of year teachers’ gifts. It’s perfectly timed with Tombow’s weekend sale.