It is late on Thursday night, and I’m not too proud to admit that I’m hiding from my kids and watching One Tree Hill on Netflix! Summer nights are no joke in Alaska. Back in Texas my kids went to bed by 7:30 every night. When the sun doesn’t go down little people don’t want to sleep. We have blinds and curtains on top of blinds, and still, my three year old is sneaking around with a Sharpie and using the walls as her canvas. Honestly, I love the summer temperatures, but my kids need some sleep. I welcome any tips! Until I solve this dilemma, I have the internet to keep me company while I try and stay awake later than my children!
- I was looking at the Instagram account of a friend, and I commented on how amazing her skin looked and she sent me to a magical world of Asian skin care routines. She sent me to Fifty Shades of Snail. It’s a crazy world, but I think I’m ready for it!
- Speaking of Instagram, one of my absolute favorite accounts to follow is, Kids Are the Worst. I got to sit with Anna at a dinner at Alt a couple of years ago, and I’ve been a fan ever since. I love that I almost always laugh out loud, and I love that I can always show it to my kids.
- I just finished Suite Française, which was a little heartbreaking. Now I’m moving on to Alexander Hamilton so that I can be prepared, just I case I ever get tickets to the musical!
- Mrs. Meyers has a couple of new scents, and I’m very excited about the idea of cleaning my counters with Peonies or Lilacs!
- Amanda’s transformation of her nursery into a guest room is amazing. Thanks to World Market for supporting this project.