Whew! We’re back! Due to some unforeseen technical difficulties, Handmade Mood was out of commission for a couple of weeks, but we’re excited to be back, and we have lots of fun on the horizon. Right now we’re busy getting ready for Alt Summit. Amanda and I will be presenting a Round Table, so if you’re there, make sure to stop by our table and say hello!
It’s hard to believe that it’s already mid-February. The winter in Alaska has been pretty magical this year. It’s amazing what a little time in the fresh air can do for the soul. So, for our first SLS of the new year, I thought I’d share some other things that are good for the soul.
- I watched Expedition Happiness on Netflix the other day, and it was a great movie (and not just because they stopped in my neck of the woods). Even if you have no desire to drive across the country, you’ll be impressed with what this young couple can do with an old school bus!
- Are you following TanksGoodNews on Instagram? If you’re not, you should be. This account is full of posts that show you that there is still more good in the world than bad. We just have to want to see it.
- I was doing “No Spend January,” but then February showed up, and I fell off the Amazon wagon! I have about thirty things in my cart right now, so I’m trying to maintain a modicum of self control! The one thing I couldn’t wait to buy was this Tote for my Silhouette Cameo. If you’ve been on the fence about buying a Silhouette, there’s a great sale happening now. There’s an amazing Valentine’s themed Cameo bundle that’s valued at over $450 for only $269.99. Just use code MOOD at checkout.
- I haven’t read this yet because it only came out on Tuesday, but I’m so excited to get my hands on Kristin Hannah’s new book, The Great Alone. I was mesmerized by The Nightingale, and her new novel takes place in Alaska, so it’s pretty much a win-win-win!
- I don’t know how Valentine’s is already next week, but it is, so I’m sharing our favorite DIY classroom Valentine, and my favorite romantic dinner! I have lamb chops in the freezer, and they’re going to be on my plate next Wednesday!
Since we’ve been out of the loop for a bit, make sure to let us know what you’ve been loving lately! We missed you guys!