Disclosure: I am participating in this campaign as a member of the World Market Ambassador Program. I received compensation in the form of gift cards, but all opinions are my own
I’m not going to lie to you, Academy Awards season is one of my favorite times of year. When I was young and carefree (aka before I had kids), I used to get all glammed up and go to the local black tie Academy Awards benefit, or else get dressed up and go all out with my girlfriends (I just found some hilarious pictures of the girls’ night in circa 1996 … I’ll keep those to myself!). The common theme is apparently my love of dressing up!
To get back to our glam roots, we teamed up with World Market to throw an amazing (and amazingly easy ) Gold and Glam Oscars Party (See Below to get details on their amazing sweepstakes. World Market is the place to go for all your Entertaining Essentials! Since we are all a little older and have a little less time on our hands, we thought we’d present some ideas for hosting a party, with minimal stress. This is entertaining at it’s finest!
We worked with World Market to come up with simple recipes and decor items to make everyone think you slaved away all day long! Tomorrow we’ll we’ll even have some fun printables so you can have your own contest, and we’ll have a checklist so that you’re all prepped ahead of time.
The great thing about hosting a cocktail party is that you don’t really need any hot food. Also, pretty much everything is finger food, which means less clean up.
We just created the hors d’oeuvres out of packaged food that was available at our local World Market. When you have high quality ingredients, you’ll have a high quality finished product. Presentation is the key to upping the glamor.
For the drinks, we made some fun movie themed cocktails, but you can also go with a simpler plan and check out the wine selection at World Market.
I’m including a shopping list at the end of the post, and you should use it as an inspiration starting point. It’s great to be able to get all your supplies in one shop, but don’t be afraid to shop your house, or to look in parts of the store that might seem off topic. We got the pencil holder in the bath section, and we repurposed a New Year’s banner that was on clearance for the starry backdrop.
Cream Cheese with Savory Jam
- 8 oz block of Cream Cheese
- Savory Jam (we used Terrapin Ridge Farms Balsamic Garlic and Herb)
- Crackers (we used Elki Water Crackers)
- Simplest appetizer ever: Unwrap cream cheese, and top with jam! Serve with crackers!
Smoked Salmon with Caviar:
- Smoked Salmon (we used World Market smoked salmon with cracked pepper)
- Caviar (We used Plaza Capelin)
- Place a peice of smoked salmon on an individual serving spoon and top with a dollop of caviar.
Prosciutto with Artichoke
- Thin sliced prosciutto (we used Del Duca)
- Artichoke Spread (we used Kitchen of Love)
- Crackers (we used Elki Garlic and Herb)
- Roll prosciutto in a spiral and and place it on a cracker (it will make a flower shape).
- Top prosciutto with a dollop of artichoke spread.
Berry and Cream Mini Trifle
- Cream filled wafer sandwich cookies (we used Happy Hour Cream Cheese filled wafers)
- Devonshire Cream
- Chocolate curls
- Place 2 mini wafers in the bottom of a small glass.
- Top with two berries and a dollop of the Devonshire Cream.
- Garnish with chocolate curls.
What would a movie themed party be without popcorn? We used Sexy Pop with Brazilian Coconut and French Butter flavors. By taking the popcorn out of the big bags and putting it in individual serving bags we’ve instantly made it more glamorous. To continue with the theme we gave movie themed names to our cocktails. You can change this up for the movies that you like, but it makes a great way to incorporate the theme.
Grand Budapest Bellini
- 3 oz Blood Orange Soda
- 4 oz Sparkling Wine
- 1 c. ice
- Add all three ingredients to a cocktail shaker and shake.
- Strain into a martini glass
The Imitation Cocktail:
- San Pellegrino
- Mango Juice
- Torani Strawberry Syrup
- Fill a glass halfway with ice.
- Add equal 4 oz. of Mango Juice and 3 oz of San Pellegrino
- Top with a splash of syrup.
- Garnish with berries.
- Ginger Beer
- 1 oz Vodka
- Use a low glass, and fill halfway with ice.
- Fill the glass to halfway with the ginger beer and top with vodka.
- Garnish with a squeeze of lime and a wedge.
- If it’s too strong for your tastes, add a little soda.
Right now, World Market is running a Movie Lovers sweepstakes. Click here to enter. I’ll just say the prize is unlimited movies for a year and a $1000. World Market gift card, which is more than enough to get all your entertaining essentials for your own Oscar party!
- Smoked Salmon
- Cream Cheese Filled Wafers
- Chocolate Curls
- Devonshire Cream
- Artichoke Bruschetta
- Water Crackers
- Garlic and Herb Crackers
- Blood Orange Soda
- Sparkling Water
- Ginger Beer
- Sparkling Wine
- Mango Nectar
- Gold Mirrored Tabletop Tray
- Gold 2 Tiered Stand
- Appetizer Spoons
- Dessert Glass
- Black Rectangle Plate
- Cocktail Shaker
- Gold Charger
- Pencil Jar
Enter here for your chance to win:
* Free Movies for a Year (2 tickets per week for 52 weeks)
* $1,000 World Market gift card
* 4 prizes available
Make sure you enter so that you can be fully prepped for next year’s Oscar season!
Leave a Reply