I just heard about a study that said 4.7 billion dollars would be spent on graduation gifts this year, which averaged out to $98 per gift. If you have a graduate in your life, today we have some ideas on how you can celebrate their big accomplishment. Whether it’s high school, college, medical school, or cooking school; we have something for everyone at many different price points.
My parents weren’t big believers in high school graduation gifts, but I did get a beautiful pair of earrings when I graduated from university. I think the big graduation gestures might be more of an America thing, but I’m embracing it today!
- Digital Point and Shoot Camera: From moving on to college adventures or “real” adulthood – a digital camera is the gift that keeps on giving!
- Stationary: The grad needs something to write all those thank you notes on, right? Thank you’s for gifts, for interviews or to teachers & professors who went the extra mile. Even just a note home to mom… set your grad up to send a note in style with fresh, modern stationary. We love Minted for all of our personalized stationery needs.
- Professional Pen: When the little details matter, make them the best they can be! There’s nothing more impressive than a pretty pen pulled from a jacket pocket or leather bag to take a note, exchange numbers, or sign HR paperwork. It’s a life-long gift that will (hopefully!) be cherished for years and years.
- Tiffany’s Key Ring: A token that will bring back memories of this important milestone every time they reach for their keys. Get it personalized with a phrase, monogram or even single, meaningful word.
- Watch: This is a classic graduation gift that works for men or women. I think it’s made even more classic by the fact that most people check their phones instead of their watches these days, but I believe a beautiful watch never goes out of style.
- Leather Tote for Her : A bit of a splurge, this is actually a camera bag! It’s soft, real leather and padded insides make it perfect for a lap top, iPad, and all the other daily “stuff” that might get toted on a long commute or from interview to interview.
- Leather Messenger Bag: The leather bag, also a camera bag from ONA, is perfect for all the same reasons! The padded insides might make it a camera bag, but it’s perfect for travel, commuting, and getting your lunch to work without damage. All while looking modern and a touch grown up.
- How to Become a Grown-Up: This funny, relatable, and lightly sarcastic take on a “How To” book is the perfect gift for a college grad who wears a business suit to interviews but pajamas to the grocery store.
- The Best of Europe: Tuck this gem in a box with plane tickets, maybe? Wether to plan a trip or inspire wanderlust – this book is perfect for the adventurer – covering the highlights and must-sees and the hidden gems no traveler would want to miss.
- Oh, the Places You’ll Go: The classic – from Kindergarten graduation to college – with a note of encouragement and support written in the cover, this is a heartfelt sentiment that will be cherished for life. We’ve seen some copies with notes from teachers, friends and even one from a whole extended family. What grad wouldn’t feel special with all that love stuffed between two covers?
This post contains Amazon affiliate links. By shopping via affiliate links you’re helping support HMM. Links that open in sites other than Amazon are not affiliate links.
Leave a Reply