Spring just begs for bright colors and happy things. It’s also when everyone starts heading outside again after their long Winter’s nap! If you want to be refreshed and invigorated, the perfect start to your day (and a perfect afternoon snack) is a smoothie. This is a great way to get in a few servings of fruit without a whole lot of sugar.
I’m not going to lie, I added lemonade as my sweetener because I love the flavor, but you could also add a couple of teaspoons of honey if you want to cut out the refined sweets. Adding the yogurt was my daughter’s idea, because she thinks it makes everything smoother! Her yogurt of choice is the Frozen Gogurts, but any yogurt will work.
This smoothie is a gorgeous deep shade of pink. You can also add a handful of greens in here. It won’t affect the flavor, but it will change the color a bit. My blender of choice is always the Vitamix , but there’s nothing too difficult in here, so any blender that works with ice will do just fine.
Strawberry Spring Smoothie
- 2 c. Strawberries, hulled and rinsed
- 5 Clementine Oranges
- 3/4 c. blueberries
- 1 c. Berry Yogurt
- 1/2 c. lemonade (or 1/2 c. water + 2 tsp. honey)
- Add all ingredients to the blender, starting with the ice. I start with 2 cups of ice and if I want it a little thicker, I can add more ice at the end.
- Put the lid on the blender and turn it on. It shouldn’t take more than a minute.
- If you decide to add greens, blend a little longer than you think is necessary just to make sure there are no leaves left!