Welcome to Friday! Am I the only one who’s extra happy to be here today? It’s been one of those weeks where I know I got stuff done, but for the life of me, I can’t remember what that stuff was! I am looking forward to kicking back this weekend and putting away the last of the odds and ends from the move, and then on to the obvious, rearranging the kitchen cupboards, because my husband put away the dishes before I got here! Let us know what you’re loving this week.
- Have you ever wondered about starting your own business? MJ talks to 4 entrepreneurs about what it takes to opening your own shop over at Pars Caeli
- I follow more calligraphers than is normal on Instagram, and today I saw this flower arranging/calligraphy workshop by Soil and Stem and Wildfield Paper Co. If I still lived in Salt Lake City, I’d be there in a heartbeat!
- We still have no cable or functioning antenna, so my latest binge watching tv show is Broadchurch. I watched the entire eight episodes of the first season in two nights. I haven’t decided about the American version yet. Any thoughts?
- I received a copy of Sheet Pan Suppers: 120 Recipes for Simple, Surprising, Hands-Off Meals Straight from the Oven a couple of weeks ago, and I’ve been preparing a few of the recipes. I love recipes that aren’t super labor intensive and the BBQ Meatloaf was a definite winner with the entire family!
- Speaking of Calligraphy, I would love to get the Calligraphy Starter Kit from Laura Hooper. I think it will make all the difference in my National Letter Writing Month campaign!
- In an effort to de-clutter, I counted all my shoes this week: 32 pairs (including a pair of golf shoes … I haven’t been on the golf course since 2004!). Even so, I really think it’s time for me to get a pair of fuschia Tieks! I was actually dying over the Galactic Green, but it’s sold out. Please someone tell me they’re as magical as I think they are!
- We talked a little bit more about the How I Donate Life campaign. This is such an important discussion to have that you’ll hopefully never have to use.
- Pink birthday parties are the prettiest!