Summer is in full swing and I’m finding a new joy in it this year. We’ve had excessive amounts of rain which has brought on tons and tons of bugs – but has also provided cooler days and so much green. Usually by this time of the year it seems like we’re into the 100º days and brown lawns! Sarah is hosting her dear friend Dixie and her family this week in Alaska – so I’m taking over SLS for today!
Here’s some summery things we spotted this week:
- The fabulous Coco behind Dear Miss Modern opened a print shop last week called Coco + Ollie. Her signature style comes through in her vibrant and quirky prints. I can’t WAIT to hang a few in my studio!
- A new friend from Alt – Monica Lee of Smart Creative Women – just launched an online shop with her scrumptious leather bags – small enough to be a clutch and big enough to hold your stuff – tees, and leather tassels. I saw them at Alt and I can’t even tell you how fabulous they are in person!
- Edible Sprinkle Bowls from this heart of mine – I mean, puh-leeeese. It just doesn’t get any better than this. I can’t wait to make these and surprise our friends with an ice cream treat after a backyard pool play date.
- Tiny Pineapple Airplant Holders from small + friendly – It’s a pineapple. It’s tiny. It’s got an airplant on it. It’s just simply fantastic.
- Chalk Paint from Cloudy Day Gray on eHow – We love chalk and we love paint. I can’t even imagine how excited Vivi will be to paint with this on the driveway!
Candice gave a recap of her class at Alt and shared the inspiration behind it as well as the process of teaching the class. Next week we’ll hopefully have a tutorial or two up from the class elements!
…and just wanted to share these two amazing shots from our Tuesday night Alt dinners. I dined at Finca with Whitney English and BlueSky Planners. We were the first to see the new Day Designer collaboration that launch next month!
Candice ate at the Macy’s dinner. Macy’s transformed the Salt Lake City store into this beautiful garden party and actually served dinner there! So cool, right?
Photos by Justin Hackworth or Brooke for Altitude Summit.
I hope your weekend is full and fulfilling – I’ll be shooting and playing at the beach – two of my favorite things! What are you up to?