Well, hello there summer time! I adore summer – the colors of summer, the tastes of summer, the smells of summer… not really the heat of Texas summer, though. (But if we keep going at the rate we’re going, we’ll be underwater all summer – have you seen the rain we’re getting?)
- With it’s saturated colors and fun touches, this party would be fitting for any summer soiree – and can I profess some love for the modern balloon arch resurgence? High impact, low cost and medium effort!
- I love a good salted caramel sauce and I found this Honey Salted Caramels recipe from “I Wash, You Dry” while perusing for a sauce recipe. I’ve never attempted to make caramel candy – but I have this on my to-do list!
- We love backyard games and I can’t wait to have a rain-free Saturday to build one of these giant “Four in a Row” (aka Connect Four) games.
- I have zero need for this brass pineapple cup and yet I can’t help but think about all the adorable ways to use it. Same goes for this pineapple door knocker and pool float. VIVA PINEAPPLES!
- It’s National Donut Day – and in lieu of doing a donut round up, I’m passing you over to Oleander and Palm – because if there was a beautiful donut to be found, Jeran has found it!
- Look back on Camp Handmade Mood for some fun summer ideas including homemade marshmallows and a DIY A Frame Tent.
- These DIY Tunic Towel Cover-Ups are no sew and so easy. Score some inexpensive towels and make this a weekend activity that will last all summer!
- Watermelon Aguas Frescas is one of my favorite summer treats – please make some ASAP. You’ll be glad you did!
Happy first week of summer! Tell us what’s on your summer to-do list…