You guys, Valentine’s Day is only 10 days away! When did that happen? I feel like we’ve been in a post holiday post Alt Summit haze, and the fog is just starting to clear! We can’t have Valentine’s come and go without a sweet treat! Meringues are light and sweet, and they’re not even unhealthy (until you add the chocolate, but that has health benefits too!). The great thing about these cookies is that they’re easy to make and they look beautiful. And honestly, having a dessert with the name “kiss” in it is mandatory on February 14th! These would also be perfect if you’re planning on throwing any kind of galentine’s celebration or Favorite Things party. You know that all your friends would love to go home with a box of these as a party favor!
Enough with the talking, let’s get to the recipe!
Raspberry Chocolate Meringue Kisses
- 2 egg whites
- pinch of cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp raspberry flavor (or 1 Tbsp raspberry jam)
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. chocolate chips, melted
- In a beat together eggs, vanilla, raspberry and cream of tartar with an electric mixer until soft peaks form.
- Add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Using a star tip pipe out 1″ cookies.
- Bake in a 300º oven for 20 minutes.
- Let the meringues cool and then dip the bottoms in melted chocolate and attach to the bottom of another meringue.