Next week is all about the GREEN in honor of St. Patrick’s Day but I wanted to be sure you had time to enjoy this little gem this weekend or on Monday so I’m posting it a wee bit early. I don’t think you mind though, right? Sláinte! xo, A
This proper cocktail recipe comes from our friend Misha at FabBites. She believes that St. Patrick’s Day should be observed sans green beer – and so she’s bringing us a Golden Lass. A perfectly refreshing and ladylike cocktail that you’ll enjoy well through the summer.
Mix a 1/4 teaspoon of honey with a splash of sparkling lemonade until combined. Add one large (or several small) mint leaf and muddle, then remove. Stir in 1 – 2 ounces of Jameson Irish Whiskey.
Pour over ice (or into a chilled champagne flute, for a real lady like experience) and top with sparkling lemonade. Garnish with mint leaves (crush lightly with your fingers to release mint essence, but not so hard the mint leaves bruise and turn brown).
She’s almost as good as a pot-o-gold, no?
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- 1 – 2 oz Irish Whisky (We prefer Jameson)
- 8 oz Sparkling Lemonade
- mint leaves
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp honey
- Mix honey into sparkling lemonade until thoroughly combined.
- Add one mint leaf and muddle, then remove.
- Add whiskey and stir gently.
- Pour over ice, top with a splash of sparkling lemonade, and garnish with mint. OR sip from a chilled champagne flute, like the proper lass you are.